When considering a research course, you should check to see if we offer the area of research in which you are interested (will be available in relevant staff profiles and research groups).

If you are interested in research with the Faculty of Arts and Humanities and Faculty of Social Sciences and Health:
Identify a potential supervisor for your project (the link above will help). You can then contact the potential supervisor or department directly with your research proposal.

If you are interested in research within the Faculty of Science:
Research projects are either advertised on the department’s website, or projects are devised jointly between the student and staff member based on the proposed research interest. You can contact the potential supervisor about the advertised or proposed research project.

Should a supervisor be able to work with you, you can then start an application via our applicant portal.