In light of the Coronavirus pandemic, tuition fee deposit refunds for PGT programmes will be agreed in the following circumstances:
- Academic entry qualifications (excluding English Language proficiency tests) not awarded due to Covid-19 (evidence required from university or awarding body) in the absence of suitable alternative qualifications being accepted;
- Financial hardship related directly or indirectly to Covid-19 pandemic, including unexpected redundancy, withdrawal of sponsorship/loans/funding, owned or part-owned business going into liquidation, debts, homelessness, etc;
- Cancellation of all flights to the UK from home country or a ban on flights from home country travelling to the UK (direct or with change) (evidence required);
- Severe ill health of student, close relative and/or dependent (evidence required) which results in the student being unable to travel, apply for a visa or sit entry qualifications;
- Lockdown restrictions in force that prevent travel;
- Government advice (applicant’s home country) strongly discourages or bans travel to the UK);
- Government advice (UK only) strongly discourages or bans travel into the UK);
- Changes to the University’s academic year or mode of delivery impacts on availability of funding or specific futures plans, such as meeting professional requirements (evidence required).
 English Language proficiency tests are excluded as alternatives (i.e. Password) are now available.
 Can only be claimed within 4 weeks of start of term.
 This does not need to be related to Covid-19 and can apply to other serious conditions.
 May only be claimed when plans for the academic year 2021/22 are finalised and published.